Saturday, October 11, 2008

awesome weekend

I was just burning with anticipation as my class on Friday neared an end. I was looking forward to riding that night with fellow bikers... S, T, A, and J. However I wasn't quite so eager for the quiz results from the quiz I had just taken. But that doesn't matter now, it's bike night!!! A lot of bugs were obliterated on our trip on numerous highways and country side twisties. As evidence, we had our helmets to show the remains of wings and bug insides.. -_-
I could go on and on about the details of our ride on Friday, but it was too much to recant.
So I'll skip to today's adventure. Only three of us this time, we took on a different route, and enjoyed the scenery quite a bit. Horses, cows, sheep,... okay there were no sheep but the trip was super long, I even laid on my tank to cruise and spare some bugs' life. I know I'm quite the animal activist, but of course my humanitarian side comes first (hence, the meat eating.) I even captured some of the trip on my phone camera...poor quality though. Which reminds me I can't wait to install some red LED's on my bike. I've already finished with my car's interior, for now. I did my bike's oil change and fed it some carb cleaner... woohoooo, quicker response of the throttle and better ride experience.
It hurt when we stopped to eat dinner at Rudy's; our legs were sore, wrists, and palms. But it was a good soreness, that comes with type of ride we like to do, open country road and all. I finished my ride when we passed by my house, which was an added bonus, so not much solo riding today, except in the morning. I've noticed so many more bikers than ever before. Ironically, the effect of the plummeting economy results in rising bike sales and theft.
Overall, I filled up my tank like 3 tanks in two days, meaning I rode more than I drove in a week. :)
Next weekend will come soon and then I will have to tighten my bike chain and change brake fluids, as well as my car's oil change.

No comments: