Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Present will be Past by 5 seconds by the time you finish reading this.

I remember bits and pieces of my recent childhood imagination, which is no longer as active. I used to imagine spiderman or some comic character running and doing acrobats alongside the family car on road trips. I would just stare blankly out the window and see spiderman dodging traffic and sometimes nearly getting hit. If you're reading this and thinking, o_O that is weird, well maybe you have forgotten what it was like when you were bored in a car with your parents driving God-knows how long... oh yeah, and your brother is taking up all the leg room 'cuz he's apparently a man now. If you don't know what that means, don't think about it. But I digress. Nowadays if you zone out or blankly stare into whatever caught your attention before you slipped out of awareness of the present, you may be labeled as having ADD or ADHD? I know, I know, it sounds like those lame radio commercials about how radio is better with HD. On the other hand, the same frequency will play that radio is meant to be free... well it doesn't matter. I can't help but wonder if that is how analog television is becoming obsolete and soon to be extinct. I don't like mainstream radio music, but at a different time, I find it familiar and comforting that some things in this world are still the same.

Just to change things up and break the routine, I'm attending church with my cousins tomorrow, and I get to see my baby cousins, and I have a feeling that their appearance will surprise me no matter how prepared I am!! :)

1 comment:

Steven T. said...

i used the word "digress" also... coincidence? no such thing. lol