Friday, November 28, 2008

Project Hyper-MPG

I'm announcing my newest hobby/obsession/project, and it involves modding my camry into an aerodynamic super economical car. I'm not going to touch the engine or make any performance mods, but I will add physical structures and replace current obsolete parts to make the air flow better.
For starters, I want to cover up the grille and billets; this should help the engine warm up faster despite the cold weather. Also I am thinking about replacing my current side view mirrors and replacing with sporty looking ones that are lighter. Have you seen the honda insight and the unique rear wheel body coverup? Well I may do something of that sort.

My goal is to get to a very feasible 40mpg. I know that I will end up getting better than this, but I don't want to set the bar too high on the first try. My current max is 28-29 mpg in city. Oh ya, I'm driving more efficiently (again) so there are a lot of a**h***s on the road who cut in front. This project will test my limits of patience.

No comments: