Monday, October 20, 2008

Unforgettable weekend pt 2

On Saturday I was driving to a vegetarian cafe for the first time, and my car suddenly shut off, while I was driving down the road!! And the funny thing is I took an emergency light with me that night, for whatever reason you can speculate. As soon as I realized my dashboard was dark, I tried to commandeer my car to the right lane. Steering wheel was locking up and all the power had gone off by now.. even the brakes felt oddly nonresponsive. Somehow I managed to gain some control, probably by sheer willpower, in order to pull into a dark street with old houses.

I decided not to panic or anything, although I can say I wasn't too pleased with my car's untimely stubborn nature. I was supposed to catch a movie within an hour or so, and here I am stuck on some street without food in my stomach. I call a few people after I exhausted the battery trying to crank engine over, and a motorcycle buddy comes to my rescue. I then proceed to the movie theater and enjoy "Get Smart," a funny Steve Carrell movie.

Sunday morning, and the bed I'm in has never felt better. I can sleep like this all day. NOOO waittt, what time is it??? Shit, it's already eight o'clock, and I have to get ready for the big ride. I leave the house on big_Red (my bike) around, ooo wayy too late. (I gotta fly now, I would say I stepped on it, but yea it wouldn't apply here) I approach the premeeting place where a few friends are awaiting with their phones in hand, and we waste no time in hauling ass to the actual meeting place where more people are gathered. We made it on time, and we chill for half an hour before taking off on our much anticipated ride. I'll spare the gritty details which not even a video camera can capture (although I will try next time.) Each turn of the road allowed me to hug the tank as I twist and position myself for a higher tilting angle. It was simply amazing, the sound of raw power emanating from between my legs (hahaha) as our bikes conquered each 'S' curve that the road threw at us. We took two breaks within four hours, and it was a good soreness as I got off the bike each time. It seriously felt like my hips had become wider. The further we got into the ride, the more fun it was, and it just didn't stop. But alas, all good things have to come to an end eventually. This blog entry is wayyy too long, I know, and I skipped a lot of scenic descriptions. I know you don't mind though. Next weekend I hope I can enjoy another ride as equally awesome as this one. I'll stop here.


No comments: